To view our help videos covering email marketing please click here.
Marketing to your existing clients is the most effective form of marketing, and boomtime's Email Marketing does it for you, automatically!
To access your Email Marketing tool, login to your boomtime account and then click the Marketing tab. From there, look to the left side of the screen and click on "Email Marketing". You will be viewing the Email Marketing list which contains all of the default email campaigns boomtime creates for you. If you list is empty just click the Update Emails link on the bottom left side of the screen.
You can change the content, photo or send date of default email campaigns any time before it's sent.
To edit an email prior to being send, click on the email in the Email Marketing list.
- Subject is exactly that, the subject of your email campaign. A good subject line isn't overly long and doesn't use exclamation points, all caps or words like "FREE!".
- Headline is the lead-in to your email, often an expanded version of the subject.
- Narrative is the body of your email.
- Edit Email Snippet: Use Edit Email Snippet if you'd like further customize the narrative using a word-processing editor.
- Include Specials and Occasions from Events will include your current Specials as of the date of the email.
- Include Blog Articles will pull in blog articles that you've enabled for email publication - read all about it in our Blog Help Topic
- Email Design determines the look of your email - see an overview of the designs here: Email Designs
- Send on - the date you'd like to send
- Approximate time is the time of day (in the Mountain time zone) your email will be sent. Because of the volume of emails that are being sent, it may take some time to process all of your emails. Emails are sent out starting at these times:
- early morning: 3 a.m. (5 a.m. Eastern)
mid morning: 9 a.m. (11 a.m. Eastern)
- mid afternoon: 3 p.m. (5 p.m. Eastern)
early evening: 7 p.m. (9 p.m. Eastern)
late evening: 11 p.m. (1 a.m. Eastern the following day of send on date)
- Include photo? to choose a photo to include in your email. Stock photos are available and you can upload your own (but make sure you have permission to use it for this purpose).
- Include Offer? will pull in the details of one of your currently running offers
Tasks (left hand column)
- Add Email allows you to add an email marketing campaign to the list
- Send Test Email to see what your email looks like; it will go to the email address of the Professional that is logged into the account currently. You do not need to modify the Date or Time of the email in order for you to be able to send a test. USE THIS A WHOLE BUNCH!
- Copy Email to start with an existing email for making a new one.
- Update Emails to get any default email campaigns you don't have, either because you deleted one or have opted out in Settings.
- Import Addresses allows you to import your client contacts from an exported list.
- Email Colors lets you change the default colors for your email campaigns -
normally this will not need to be modified, but always use the "Send
Test Email" to make sure your message looks the way you'd like before
you send each campaign! Email colors displays the selected colors as they relate to the default email template selected in Marketing settings.
Marketing Settings & Email Designs
Go to Marketing Settings to change the default template of your emails, or to opt out of receiving automatic email campaigns.